Saturday 16 November 2013

Otel Lobby

What is the best thing after we had almost-crazy overtime work for a month..? Of course, EATING something DELICIOUS..!!

Fortunately, the Boss has decided to treat us some delicate dinner to appreciate our hard work..Yeayy..!!

So, I was appointed to make a shortlist of restaurant and it finally came up with Otel Lobby (ssstt, I made the shortlist of restaurant that I had never visited..so it's a good deal for me.. *grin* )
 

Located near Epicentrum Walk, Kuningan, we can directly see the neon-glowing written Otel Lobby. You won't miss the sign, it's big.
  
They separate the menu books between food and drinks. Please see their website ( http://otellobby.com/inside.php?m=menu&p=menu ) for the complete list of the menu.
   
Tenderloin something (175k++)..Sorry I forgot the name, since this is not my order. I asked my friend whether it's good or not..and they said it's really good..Hmm, I should've a bit  >_<
 

Beef Wellington (140k++). I have read many review about Otel Lobby and they always included Beef Wellington in it..maybe because there is not many restaurants offer this menu. Plus, I also read some articles about the diffulties to prepare it. Plus, my friend told me about Hell's Kitchen and Gordon Ramsay when made this dish. Plus, I also never tried this before..hehehe..so many plus plus yaa.. The beef came up with a plate of mashed potato. The mashed potato was so smooth and fragrant. I ordered the meat to be cooked medium and it came nice. The meat was juicy, but too bland for my liking.

Rating : 7.3/10
 

After we finished the dinner, a foreigner (maybe one of their chef) came to our table. He brought something smoky and some rice crispy snacks. I'm not sure if it was after service or something, but it was very interesting. He dipped the rice snacks into the smoky water (liquid dry ice) and gave us one by one. Very unique. Cold and sweet. He told us the
snack's name, it called "Dragon's Breath". 


So that's why he called it Dragon's Breath. Blow it after we ate and woosshh..smoke came out of our mouth. Pretty cool ya? =D
(Picture explanation : my friend, Aldi, (quite) fat and (quite) funny guy..hahahah..)
 
I think Otel Lobby offered us a semi-fine dining style. So do not expect a big and a lot portion meal. As I saw that night, my friends' orders also came up with medium portion size.

However, the ambience quite cozy and cool. Must be another dashing place to meet some friends, chit-chat, and dating of course.


Note : the price might be different, since I visit the place last year


Otel Lobby
The Annex Building of Bakrie Tower Southgate Entrance
JL. Epicentrum Tengah, Kuningan
Jakarta 12940
(021) 29941324

No comments:

Post a Comment